A Chimney Balloon is a simple and effective way of blocking chimneys when not in use.
It stops drafts and saves £££’s of wasted heat going straight up the chimney. A room with a blocked chimney needs only about half the heat compared with a room with an open chimney, so it makes sense to fit one in every chimney which is not in use.
The Chimney Balloon is made in a special laminate plastic to make it airtight, tear resistant and long lasting. It also has a special shape that allows a little ventilation in two corners to keep your chimney dry.
These are recommended to use with an electric fire as well as unused fireplaces. It will save the heat from the electric fire going up the chimney.
Not sure what size you need? See the sizing chart in the photos.
How to position and measure
- Measure your chimney about a foot or so out of sight where your Chimney Balloon will fit as shown in the diagrams.
- You will need the side to side and the front to back inside dimensions.
- We suggest you use a flexible steel tape measure (Stanley type) or two pieces of wood or cardboard extended like wings.
- It is only necessary to measure approximately and choose the Chimney Balloon of the appropriate size or slightly larger than your chimney.
- You can always just count the bricks inside – allow 9 inches per brick length.
- Once put into position inflate with an air bed pump or use the mouth inflation tube.
For more information on the Medium Chimney Balloon please check the manufactures website.
FREE ECONOMY DELIVERY